divide and conquer
sj is a jabber client with UNIX philosophy in mind.
The XMPP protocol is totally over engineered.
This program suite tries to master this bloated protocol.
- sj - this daemon handles the XMPP core protocol
- session initiation
- sending keep-alive pings
- routing XML tags to front end and back
- messaged - the daemon handles all message tags
- writing chat messages into a file system
- receives chat messaged and sends them with a
surrounding message-tag to the js daemon
- iqd - this daemon is an interface for third party
- receives iq tags and writes them into a
Chat Front Ends
- sj tools - front end management and runit integration
- lchat - terminal command line interface
- cii - terminal
front end with curses
- xii - X11 GUI
- wii - web front
ii font ends
should also work